This weekend, my sister is coming over to start rewatching all the Harry Potter movies with my fiancee and me. We are total Harry Potter geeks. I've grown up reading them and watching the movies, so it's kind of hard not to get excited about the final two movies coming out within the next year. After rewatching all the movies in a row, I'm going to start rereading the books from the beginning also. At least I'm not one of those people who dresses up for the premiere, right?
I know there are lots of people who don't think the movies are as good as the books. This is probably true, but I think the movies did the best job they could have with the material. The books are so lengthy, and it would have been rather difficult to include every scene in the films, especially since each film was over two hours last as they were.
Every actor chosen for his or her role was amazing, in my opinion. I couldn't see anyone but Alan Rickman playing Snape's character so perfectly. The way he pauses in the middle of his sentences is terrifying, and I can't wait to see how his role will play out at the end of the movies. Maggie Smith as Professor McGonagall was equally amazing. She played the stern but loving personality exactly as I pictured it in the book.
I can't believe it's been ten years since this franchise started. Hopefully all the other Harry Potter geeks and myself will be happy with the way they end the movies.
I agree with you completly!! The movies did a wonderful job adapting the books since they were so long. They picked the perfect actors for each role. I did not get into the books until the 3rd or 4th movie but now I love them and the movies. Give it up for the Harry Potter geeks!!
ReplyDeleteI love HP! I've read all of the books, seen all of the movies. Yes, I don't think the movies are as good, but I agree--too much material. But I wish they would have split some of the books up as they did with the last one.
ReplyDeleteI'll be one of those seeing the movie in the theater, which I normally don't do for other films. And I'll buy both parts as soon as they are released.
Here's to all the HP Geeks in the world!
K. Smith
Eng. 226
http://jwes115.blogspot.com/2010/11/like-books-good-deals-look-no-further.html
ReplyDelete